Okay, not really tripping over a toilet. But I did drive past one, then back up to take a picture of it.
Because it was wearing a garbage bag!
I get that someone would put a working toilet out on the side of the road. If they don’t need it, someone else might. But then I wondered if maybe it wasn’t a give-away. Maybe it’s a friendly DIY outdoor toilet — you sit, you pull the bag up around yourself and go about your business? Or are the owners of the toilet merely trying a fresh approach to building up their compost pile?
Not sure I want to know.
Maybe they are trying to get rid of it and thought wrapping it in black plastic would make it more attractive. Less chance of any dirty grass or gravel attaching itself to the sticky old wax ring on the bottom of the toilet.
Euuuwh. Maybe we’re all better off not knowing.
But after seeing that toilet I wondered what interesting toilet talk I could find online.
Did you know there is a ‘National Toilet Day’? Yep! November 19th. Plus I found some bits of humor worth sticking on any bathroom wall:
- Bare Bottoms Welcomed Here!
- NOTICE: Replacing The Toilet Paper Roll Will Not Cause Brain Damage !
- This Is A Do-It-Yourself Bathroom. No Maid Service Available.
- “Maybe humans are just the pet alligators that God flushed down the toilet.” ~ Chuck Palahniuk
- “You know an odd feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate candy bar.”~ George Carlin
- “Today, the degradation of the inner life is symbolized by the fact that the only place sacred from interruption is the private toilet.” ~ Lewis Mumford
- “The toilets at a local police station have been stolen. Police say they have nothing to go on.” ~ Ronnie Barker
- “Poop humor is fun. If you do the toilet scenes well and commit to them, they can be really, really powerful.” ~ Sandra Bullock
- “Today you can go to a gas station and find the cash register open and the toilets locked. They must think toilet paper is worth more than money.” ~ Joey Bishop
That’s it because I gotta’ go now. . . . like right now. . . .